Friday, July 11, 2008

First Run4NF Blog

I have never written a blog entry before.  But as I run everyday I have so much I want to share with the NF community.  So today being the first day that I got it together and opened a blog site for Run4NF.org.  Where to start?  I guess I  will tell you about me.  I did my first Run4NF a few years ago.  I decided that I was going to make a difference.  So I picked a race, put on some shoes, did some reading on how to train for a big run and just did it.  I had no goal except to make as much money for NF as possible by setting a difficult challenge for myself.  And everytime I was on a practice run I thought about my daughter Grace.  She is now 5.  I do not only run for her anymore.  I run for the hundreds of amazing people I have met or emailed.  I hope Grace has options in her future for any complications she might face, but when I run I think of all those who are facing complications right now I am inspired to keep doing what I am doing.  If not us, then who?  That is what I try to explain to people.  It is our responsibility as able people to do something.  So I now arrange to meet in places with others and hope they join in doing something to help themselves and their loved ones.  I have faith in each of you who has read this far that you know you could do a bit more than you are doing.  We all can.  It is our nature as humans to do as little as possible~sometimes.  But this can not wait.  No one but us will make the efforts to make it better for those affected by NF.  I want you to try one Run4NF event.  My life is fuller for trying.  Every little bit counts.  And a Walk4NF or a Run4NF, both are empowering experiences.  Both are actions.  Through our actions the future for NF is altered.  Closer to a cure, hope, something better than where we are now.  More to come...debbi@run4nf.org.  www.run4nf.org

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great inspiring post! I have nf2 and am running for CTF in Long Beach in Oct. I'll be following your blog so good luck!! --- Olivia

jd53 said...

A very inspiring blog, I myself along with my 2 Boy's also have NF1 I know all to well what goes on in the family. My legs hurt to much to run but in my heart i run along with you, i look forward to reading more of your blogs.

lesswitz said...

As a parent of an adult son with NF, I thank all those that work towards finding treatments and a cure for the different forms of NF. I do my share by riding my bicycle and raising funds.

Rebecca said...

Deb,

This is wonderful and a fabuous first post chronicling your Run4NF experience. Welcome to the world of bloggers! I am so glad that you have chosen this avenue to share your experience! People need to read and learn your story.

I have discovered that telling people about what you are doing and leading by example is a very effective way to get the message to people and encourage them towards action. It is a crucial part of accomplishing your mission.

I look forward to following along with your journey. I will add the link to your blog onto my blog under the Run4NF section.

Happy Running!

Rebecca :o)